Friday, February 5, 2016

Kimber K6

This is definitely an interesting twist. Kimber, the 1911-obsessed gun company, has decided to enter the revolver market. The K6 was introduced at the SHOT Show a few weeks ago and now has been the talk of most gun publications.


This compact package weighs in around 23 ounces unloaded, has a 2-inch barrel, and is available in .357 Magnum (of course, it will also shoot .38 Special). The K6 also has several grip configurations. 

This pistol is definitely for those who enjoy the "air-weight" line of guns and don't mind dealing with some heavy recoil. While I can appreciate what Kimber is doing with the K6, I still have a hard time thinking that it's worth the $900 MSRP. There are many revolvers with the same level of quality that are $200 - $300 less than the Kimber. Before I jump to any more conclusions, I need to see one for myself, and preferably shoot it.

No comments:

Post a Comment