Monday, August 22, 2016

Review of Sig Sauer P238...Coming Soon

For the past year or so, I had been looking for a great concealable pistol. I wanted something that could easily fit in a pocket holster and/or not be uncomfortable to carry on a day-to-day basis. While I love the 9mm round, I wanted something that was as compact as could be, while still being comfortable to shoot. I had my heart set on the Walther PPK/S. With its timeless look and legendary reliability, I felt like it was the natural next step. It was also important that I could hold the gun comfortably with my little finger hanging off the bottom frame (which is almost an inevitability with a pistol this size). Well, I found myself wandering into a gun store like I frequently do, and this little guy caught my eye.


This is the Sig Sauer P238. It's a subcompact, single action, all metal pistol chambered for 380 ACP. I picked it up at the counter and was immediately impressed by its weight and how easy it was to rack the slide. I was also very impressed with the 3-dot tritium night sights that come standard. This particular model has what Sig calls a Nitron finish which helps prevent scratches. And one of the best things about it is that it's based on the 1911 platform - this means it has an external safety which allows it to be carried "cocked and locked." After several months of consideration, the Sig eventually took over as my number one option over the Walther. *It's worth mentioning that the Walther is incredibly hard to find due to the manufacturing changing hands this year.

As you can probably tell from the pictures, this will soon be my new concealed carry gun. I'll eventually be taking this out to the range and giving it a very thorough review. Normally, I would've taken this gun shooting immediately after I purchased it, but our local range is undergoing renovations for the next month. 

*Sigh* The review will have to come later.




No comments:

Post a Comment