Tuesday, June 28, 2016

My Response To Academy Sports + Outdoors

The following is my reply to the absurd new policy Academy Sports + Outdoors that removes Modern Sporting Rifles (AR-15s) from public view. The rifles are still available, but you have to ask a person at the gun counter to retrieve them from the back. Academy is doing this so they don't "offend" any of their customers. Well... now they've offended more people than they ever would have if they left the MSRs on the shelf.


To whom it may concern,

Up to this point, I have always been a loyal customer of Academy Sports & Outdoors. My family and I have spent hundreds, possibly thousands, of dollars on ammunition and shooting supplies. However, after the stance that you have taken on Modern Sporting Rifles, I will be looking at alternative businesses when I need to make my outdoor/hunting purchases. Your new policy on "hiding" AR-15 rifles is not only confusing, it's just downright absurd. If you are doing this so that you don't offend customers, you are not succeeding in your goal. As a once regular customer, it makes me feel uncomfortable when I have to ask an employee to see items "from the back" -  like I'm participating in some shady dealings. I would like to thank you for years of quality products and service. I hate that my business with you has to come to an end... all because of outrageous policies that are designed cater to the nonexistent 1% and offend a vast majority of your customers.

Best Regards.


Feel free to copy some of this verbiage and send it to Academy's info desk on their website.
Remember to stay civil when commenting. Law abiding gun owners are above name-calling and swearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment